Florida Pedestrian and Bicycle Injury Lawyers
Florida legislation entails lawful obligations on motor vehicle drivers and their interactions with bicyclists and pedestrians. As Florida bicycle accident lawyers & pedestrian accident lawyers, we hold motorists responsible for causing damage to bicycle riders and pedestrians.
Bicyclists have the same rights as motor vehicle drivers on Florida's roads. Unfortunately, motorists do not always adhere to the rights of bicyclists. Negligent or reckless driving habits frequently cause serious crashes resulting in injuries to bikers and pedestrians. Even if cyclists use adequate safety equipment, they are still highly vulnerable. What might seem like a minor mishap to the vehicle operator can result in severe or even life-changing injuries for the bicyclist.
Even though pedestrians are typically not moving at speeds as quickly as bicyclists, they are a lot more at risk since they typically don't wear safety equipment like a helmet. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), about 500 pedestrians are killed, and about 7,000 are injured or hurt in Florida traffic accidents every year. What's most surprising is that many of those accidents are avoidable.
If you or someone you love has been harmed in a cycle or pedestrian accident in Florida, you are worthy of compensation. Our bicycle accidents attorneys and pedestrian accident lawyers can help you get the proper settlement you are entitled to for your losses, discomfort, and suffering.
Rights and Obligations of Pedestrians in Florida
Pedestrians in Florida have the right of way when crossing the road. Even if an intersection has no crossing signals, drivers are responsible for yielding to pedestrians on the crosswalk. If, however, a pedestrian crosses the road where there is no specified crosswalk, they should yield to drivers. A pedestrian who sprint into traffic or J-walks might be in part liable if an accident arises. Florida is a comparative fault state, so their percentage of fault could minimize the pedestrian's claim. Thus, it's optimal to get in touch with a Florida pedestrian accident lawyer to discuss the distinct details of your case.
Florida Pedestrian Incident Lawyers Devoted to Supporting People Harmed by Motorist Negligence Recover
The traumas bicyclists and pedestrians can sustain in car accidents can be serious. They may lead to past and future clinical bills, lost or reduced earnings from inability to work after the incident, suffering from property damage, lowered quality of life, and much more. Thankfully for victims of such accidents, our Florida Bike accident attorneys can help them recover losses through a personal injury lawsuit. Furthermore, our pedestrian accident lawyers are devoted to supporting injured victims get the settlement they are worthy of for their damages.
Holding Negligent Motorists Responsible
Bicyclists and pedestrians know that many vehicle drivers are not constantly as perceptive as they should be of their environments. While many cities have created authorized bicycle and pedestrian lanes in rush hour areas, accidents continue to take place. Bicyclists and pedestrians can practice specific safety measures to make themselves more detectable to vehicle drivers and reduce the threat of being in an unfortunate incident. However, motorists are essentially obligated to drive securely and in a manner that does not jeopardize others. Here are some usual driver transgressions that result in cyclist and pedestrian injuries:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Texting while driving.
- Opening a door into an oncoming bicyclist.
- Turning right and hitting a bicyclist or pedestrian.
- Side-swiping a bicyclist or pedestrian.
To establish if you have realistic premises for a personal injury claim, you should seek advice from an adept bicycle accident lawyer or pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as you can. If you hesitate to file a claim, you could possibly lose evidence and limit the success of your claim. For this reason, speak with a bike accident lawyer or a pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as you can for your greatest odds at winning a honest settlement.
Steps to Take After Being Damaged in a Cycle or Pedestrian Accident
Whenever bicyclists and pedestrians are on the roadways, accidents are always a possibility. You could possibly feel bewildered and stressed in the first instances following an incident. It's best to proceed conscientiously to secure your legal rights immediately after the incident. Below are some tips to bear in mind immediately after you've been hurt in a bicycle or pedestrian accident.
- Get to a safe place - look around and find a secure place to relocate to, out of the way of vehicles, to avoid more injuries.
- Keep your cool - take a moment to calm down before taking any action. Most importantly, at no time admit fault or leave the area.
- Examine your injuries - You'll more than likely have adrenaline running high and be in shock as a result of an accident, having an effect on your pain perception. See to it to examine yourself for critical evidence of injury thoroughly. Contact an ambulance straight away if you believe there is any chance you've been injured or hurt.
- Contact the authorities - remain on the scene until law enforcement arrive and make sure all parties involved remain. If the vehicle driver goes away, take down their license plate number.
- File an accident report - Make sure that you give the police your statement for the incident report. If the cops only take a driver's statement, you may inquire to have the record modified in the future.
- Acquire contact information - get telephone numbers, addresses, and insurance information of all individuals involved and any witnesses close by.
- Take photos - regardless of whether your incident was minor, take pictures of the scene. Photograph yourself, your bike, any vehicles involved, and the incident site. See to it you get photos of any damage to the car and your bike. Your bicycle accident attorney can make use of images to build your case later.
- Preserve evidence - this includes your bicycle, which you should not try to have mended until after your claim has been concluded. Keep the clothing you were wearing at the time of the incident unwashed and refrain from repairing any damages. Only share evidence with your bicycle accident attorney.
- Receive healthcare - Even if you think your injuries don't warrant healthcare, still see a medical professional. Small injuries can become more serious as time goes on, and you'll want to have records of any potentially significant injuries.
- Keep records - keep a record of all doctors visits, interactions with insurance providers, or any other action connected to the accident. Your bicycle accident lawyer will need to have these records as evidence to help strengthen your claim.
- Do not communicate with insurance adjusters - the vehicle driver's insurance company may try to get ahold of you, but you should let your bicycle accident attorney correspond with them on your behalf.
- Consult with a Florida bicycle accident attorney or pedestrian accident lawyer. Though it is feasible that you had partial responsibility in the accident, a large number of collisions take place due to irresponsible or careless motorists. Despite the circumstances, if a vehicle driver caused you injuries or property damage, they should be held accountable. If you have been involved in a bicycle accident or pedestrian accident, speak to an accomplished bicycle accident lawyer or pedestrian accident attorney to determine if you have a valid case.
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Attorney or a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Florida
If you've suffered an injury in a pedestrian or bicycle accident, our Florida pedestrian accident lawyers and bicycle accident lawyers can really help.
We realize that this is a difficult time, and we will do everything in our power to accommodate you and your loved ones. Before anything else, we'll provide you assurance by managing communications and dealing with the legal engagement in your place. Then we will win you the compensation you are entitled to.
St Petersburg Personal Injury Attorneys McQuaid & Douglas
5858 Central Ave, Suite A
St. Petersburg, FL 33707
Riverview Personal Injury Attorneys McQuaid & Douglas
12953 U.S. 301 Suite 102a
Riverview, FL 33578